Twitter Chat: You Want Me to What?

 I claim to be...socially awkward.  I wouldn't say I have full-blown social anxiety (neither would my therapist) but I have anxious moments when interacting with new people.  When I take personality assessments, I am constantly affirmed as an introvert with a true limited capacity to interact with people daily.  


This Web 2.0 course has been comfortable for me, allowing me to interact with people just as much as I wanted to for a grade.  Twitter, blogging, Instagram - all either platforms I used avidly or have in the past.  Even the new tools have been easy enough.  

Then Dr. Vanessa said to do a Twitter Chat.


The key to Twitter for an introvert for me is being able to curate my experience.  Yes, I tweet with (and at) strangers.  Sometimes people I don' t know respond to me.  It still feels controllable: ending the interaction is as easy as ignoring the thread.  Or blocking or muting.  The idea of a Twitter Chat or Space just feels like too much.  And I was invited to Clubhouse a year ago.  

I'm not saying I won't ever enter a live space on a platform.  However it will take some time and courage to do.  Maybe next challenge.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Changed My Life or Why My Bath Products Come from Africa

What I Would Have Done: The Fitness Community Needs an Intervention

Global Means Global